Covid Operating Procedures
Safety is always our top priority at Skydive Palm Beach. Please help us to continue to make Skydive Palm Beach the safest drop zone it can be. The following are the COVID-19 standard operating procedures we will be implementing.
PRIOR TO COMING TO SKYDIVE PALM BEACH
Our first line of defense against COVID-19 is minimizing the likelihood that someone who has it, comes to the airport. Prior to coming to Skydive Palm Beach please ask yourself:
- Have you been in contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you now or have you in the last 14 days had any of the following symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, headache, or loss of taste or smell?
- Have you traveled out of the country in the last 14 days?
- While at home, are you in frequent direct contact with individuals whose health is at high risk if they are exposed to COVID-19? (This isn’t only about those of us at the DZ.)
- Have you been disregarding basic social distancing practices in your daily life, e.g. not wearing a mask in public and not staying at least 6’ away from other individuals when possible? If you haven’t been protecting yourself on a daily basis, you are more likely to have been exposed to the virus even if not showing any symptoms.
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please do not come to Skydive Palm Beach at this time.
Medical Professionals who work with COVID-19 patients but are strictly protected while at work will be allowed on the premises even though they answered “yes” to the first question.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND PERSONAL SANITIZING MEASURES
Everyone will be required to wear a face covering while on the premises at all times. If you do not have a face mask, we deem appropriate, you can purchase one for $10. The only time face coverings can be removed, is when you are secluded and not speaking with others. We understand this can be uncomfortable at times, especially when it is hot but we do ask you to wear your mask correctly covering both nose and mouth completely.
*WE DO NOT WANT TO BECOME MASK POLICE BUT WE ARE GOING TO ENFORCE THE RULES. PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS
- If you have to cough or sneeze do so tightly into your arm. If you are frequently coughing or sneezing you will be asked to leave the premises.
- Please maintain a minimum distance of at least six feet from other individuals whenever possible.
- Please resist taking part in the loving, affectionate physical gestures we normally enjoy, including hugs, kisses, high fives, fist bumps, etc.
- When possible use a barrier such as a clean paper towel to prevent direct contact with shared surfaces including sinks, toilets, water fountains, door knobs, etc.
In addition, please be sure to bring your own protective equipment and sanitation items including face coverings, hand sanitizer, sanitizing spray, disinfectant wipes and drinking water. This is the only way to be absolutely certain you always have what you need when you need it.
Time spent together in tight quarters in the aircraft is the riskiest part of spreading the virus while skydiving. Facial coverings will help but will not completely eliminate the risk. The higher quality the face covering and the longer it is worn the more protection it provides. In addition we need to pay extra attention to how we conduct ourselves in the airplane.e completely geared up and in the loading area on a 5 minute call.
- Sanitize your hands as shortly before boarding the aircraft as possible.
- Wearing a face covering is required in the plane and loading area at all times.
- Full face helmets with the lenses closed are will be worn by our instructors.
- Only speak in the airplane if absolutely necessary. Speaking increases the transmission of COVID-19 particles. Speaking loudly exponentially increases the transmission of COVID-19 particles.
We will be sanitizing high touch areas frequently throughout the day.
Nothing is more important to us at Skydive Palm Beach than knowing our customers trust that their safety is always our top priority. We have worked for years to earn that trust and we want to continue this tradition. But there is nothing Skydive Palm Beach can do to replace the behavioral measures each of us as individuals must take. In the best interest of protecting yourself, your friends, families and communities please abide by all these procedures. Please help us to hold ourselves and each other accountable.
If you discover that you have contracted COVID-19 and have been to Skydive Palm Beach in the prior 14 days please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561-586-7669. We will follow up with contact tracing efforts by notifying other customers that you may have been in contact with. Your name will not be released by Skydive Palm Beach.
COVID-19 AND SKYDIVING
Skydiving is a contact sport. Please understand that with all the precautions and safety measures we have taken, it is not possible for us to guarantee you that you won’t be exposed to COVID-19. By participating in skydiving, you accept the risk and assume all responsibility to the exposure and risk of contracting COVID-19.
Skydive Palm Beach and all associated entities and individuals cannot guarantee your protection. If you cannot accept the risk despite all the safety measures we have taken, then you should not participate in skydiving activities.